“A deserted island… a lost man… memories of a fatal crash… a book written by a dying explorer.”
Dear Esther is a first-person video game developed by The Chinese Room for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Spurning traditional game design, Dear Esther features virtually no puzzles or tasks. The player’s only objective is to explore an unnamed island in the Hebrides
system requirements: (minimum)
- OS:Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64.
- Processor:Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz or higher.
- Memory:1GB XP / 2GB Vista.
- Graphics:DirectX 9 compliant video card with Shader model 3.0 support. …
- Hard Drive:2 GB HD space.
- Sound:DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card.
“Dear Esther is a ghost story, told using first-person gaming technologies. Rather than traditional game-play the focus here is on exploration, uncovering the mystery of the island, of who you are and why you are here. Fragments of story are randomly uncovered when exploring the various locations of the island, making every each journey a unique experience. Dear Esther features a stunning, specially commissioned soundtrack from Jessica Curry.” http://dear-esther.com/